8 February 2013

Sisterly Defence


Growing up, i learned that beauty isn't skin deep. I have no idea who came up with that but obviously, we see beauty as it is: the pecs of guys, the sorry to sound crude, big boobs on girls, long legs and the list goes on.

I remember how geeky i used to look back in secondary school. I had the typical tacky skirt, the messy hair, droopy glasses and always had a book in hand. It was no wonder that i had no boyfriend at the time. I even remember one time back then, there was this award ceremony and a guy whom i hate till now even though i have not seen him in a long time, told my friend that i was ugly. I was speechless when she relayed to me what he had said.

I went home telling the thing to my sister who was also in the award ceremony and immediately burst out. "The guy who was sitting in front of me with the BIG nose??? He's one to talk!!! You're not ugly, don't listen to that asshole!!!" And till now when she has definitely forgotten about this incident, i have not.

Because it's one of the rare moments that my sister stood up for me.

P.S I still hate the fucking guy to the core, it's a girl thing.
-5 Nov 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment