8 February 2013

My Donation



So I was just sitting in my room, typing away on my laptop, my school assignment when my sister who was sitting on the bed, stretched out her hand to show me a form plastered on her iPad screen, “Look at this donation form”. I stopped my work, relieved for the break and asked her what it’s about.

“It’s an organ donation form, I want to donate mine when I die,” I tried searching on the form for what organs that a person could donate and passed it back to her to search instead because my fingers got lazy.

“Well, I think they’ll just take anything that is healthy but you can choose specifically which organ you want to donate.” And at this instant, my mind went back to something my mom once said, “When you die, if people even touched you slightly, you will feel pain on the other side!” I nearly believed that until I realized that I could have much intense pain if earthworms or other insects start eating at me from the inside out and decided then that god can’t possibly be that evil.

In a few seconds, my mind also reverted back to stories I've heard and movies I’ve watched of loved ones passing away or seeing life slowly slip away from someone you know into nothingness. And the sorrow and ache that presents itself when they have moved on in the afterlife, the anger at why they had to die when they’re still so young and the great future they could have had ahead. This made me think back to what if they were me, or my loved ones or even acquaintances. No matter what, if I could do something to help, I would, because life is so precious and beautiful and they need to be shared instead of taken away so fast.

So with a set of resolved belief, I turned to my sister, “hey, email me that form”.

-28 October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment