8 February 2013

Divorce... ain't a pretty thing


One of my friends have been experiencing something very difficult for her for months now. Her parents recently divorced and she blames herself. Her father apparently blames her or something. But back to the one before, she says that it's all her fault.

I've watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and remember what chandler once said "children have tendency to blame themselves for their parents' divorce." and this has stuck to me since then.

My friend is still young and this i know, is quite scarring for someone her age. I couldn't comprehend why the parents had to do this while their children are still so young. But i'm not them, i can't judge but i can have my own opinions and that is that it's not right to do this to kids lesser than 18, it affects them greatly, their childhood, the way they will now see life and everything else, everything is now no longer covered by rose tinted glasses. I couldn't do this, i cannot bear to see the hurt in childrens' eyes, much less my own.

Sometimes, in the end, love doesn't conquer all and instead, leave shreds of glass in its wake, hurting those you left behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment