20 February 2013

Reunification Palace in Vietnam



I was at the Reunification Palace during the first week of my trip to Vietnam, Saigon. So a little bit about this interesting site is that it was constructed on July 1st 1962 which means 50 years and 7 months from today! (i didnt bother to count and went ahead to Google some time duration gadget) 



Beautiful entrance eh? I imagined myself living here and it was awesome in my head~
\



the whole lot of us were then treated or presented to a presentation or talk of some sort because i couldnt hear a thing, everyone's ears were straining even though we were all pretty silent. The sound insulation was pretty poor but what can you expect from a 50 year old building?


This is the cabinet meeting room.

And the banquet room...

The furnishings and the lightings are just splendid and really look extravagant.
 


and then the carpet that we were told not to step on. Seriously, after hearing that, i really wanted to step on it. The carpet was something about symbolising DRAGONS, thats why there's shapes of dragons on the carpet. I think it was something about longevity.

Le Reception Room!

I'm not an animal activist but i didn't really like looking at the dead animal bones on display 

And then my favourite part..... THE MOVIE THEATRE ROOM!! WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING???
NO I AM NOT.
How cool is it that you have your own movie theatre? Thats just freaking FANTASTIC is what i say!

Where people (obviously) relax. I love it <3


And then we went down to the basement

Which looked pretty eerie to me



There were rooms like the spare radio room etc. I think i wouldn't have lasted an hour in there, i'd miss the sun :)

AND THEN WE WERE OUTSIDE!!!




-photo credits to a couple of talented photographers from the trip =)

No comments:

Post a Comment