8 February 2013

Singaporean's Habit


After an american variety show called 'You Deserve It' that i was watching ended, what followed next was a commercial about a group of Singaporeans being asked what they don't like about their fellow citizens. Some answers were particularly irritating like when a lady in her late 30s complained "I don't like ahhh that some people put bags on the table in macdonalds when they go buy food, that's not right."

As my mouth gaped open, thinking how absurd her answer was, i noticed that at the corner of my eye, my sister had raised her head, breaking the dead focus she was holding on her iPad screen. Her face was contorted into something in between shock and pure 'what-the-fish-did-she-just-say' face. 

"I know right!" my mind immediately syncing with hers. 

"That doesn't make any sense!" Her hands flinging towards the TV screen like something insulted her.

"Everyone does that, most probably even her! If not, how do we eat??? So OF COURSE WE HAVE TO CHOPE SEAT! THIS IS STUUUPID!!!" My voice went a few decibels higher.


Sometimes, people expect others to do the right thing when they themselves are calling the kettle black. Maybe chope-ing seats are not Singaporeans' problem, it's more of blaming others for things you also do yourself.


-31 Oct 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment