21 December 2011

School Visit

On Day 5, we went to Kanagawa Prefectural Yokohama Senior High School of International Studies.

The following are facts about the school:
Established in April, 2008.
Educational Goals: We foster youths with foreign Language abilities and information technology so that they can play an active role in the future as leaders not only in the Japanaese society but also in the international society.

Educational Policy:
We encourage to our students a profound sense of independence, self -reliance and humanity as well as our policy to foster dignified students equipped with clear sight and calm judgment.

On the trip there, my friends and i made new friends: Rina and Hitomi and of course i asked them how to write 'I Love You' in Japanese! (in the post above) It was one of my M.Os of going to the school visit. The Vice-Principal was extremely polite. Before we could get to the school however, we had to walk up a big hill. It was just a coincidence that my friend, Shu Yun and i were the first pair in front following the VP. He asked a lot of questions, like are we seniors etc. Then there was one particular question that he asked that left me a little stumped: "What do you like about Japan?"

I love Japan, i really do but i really don't know how to answer it at that time because my mind went absolutely blank. In the end, i said "SUSHI!!!"

Yup! I said sushi and he became very happy :) I like sushi but not the raw type. I have a weak stomach and i don't think eating raw food will make it any better.

So, once we reached the school and settled down in one of the classes, my group and i met Yasuda Hitomi and Nakamura Rina. They are both very pretty, polite, gentle and charming! :) i really like them. Then i asked them to help me write cute/pretty, i love you and handsome in Japanese with all my colourful markers that i poured right out on the table.

My friends and i are wearing the same shirt-our physical education T-shirt. The two wearing the neck ribbons are the pretty Rina and Hitomi!

My friends and i felt really bad because we actually bought presents for the students when we were to meet them but before this school, we actually went to another one and i gave the presents to some random girls who i never even interacted before! I thought that the school was the only school we were visiting and so i didn't want the presents to go to waste. In the end, we came to this fantastic school and met some really great people but had no gifts for them in return for their hospitality! I felt really bad.

There was nothing i could do and we went on to have a tour of their school and facilities. It was magnificent! They had a lot of indoor courts that was way bigger than our ONE court back in Singapore (Singapore IS a small country).


They also have MANY ping pong tables


Lacrosse! :)




Our VP, i think, demonstrated how to play this sport with our Japan Trip members which i found very fascinating.
I think this sport is called Shinai if i'm not wrong


Afterwards, a group of girls, did cheerleading stunts and actions just for us! I Love Japan and the people here!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment