22 December 2011

Blind

I was watching The Big Bang Theory when i felt like drinking a cup of Milo so i got on my feet and walked towards the kitchen to get a snack or two when i dropped the Cable control. The batteries came right out when it hit the ground. I panicked that it would not work anymore plus it's our only device to control the cable thingy. I ran to the room and not realising that the floor was just mopped by our domestic helper, i fell on my back.

The back of my head took a big hit and was in pain. It felt like a big rock was repeatedly being hammered on the back of my head. I clutched my head, turned myself to the side, curled my legs and bascially laid in a foetus position. I was in pain, i'll tell you that. My ears were ringing and my vision was getting blur. In a few seconds as i tried to lie my back against the wall, my surroundings turned black. All i could see was black with white moving lines! I could not hear my voice clearly. It was like a muffled sound. My eyes were wide open in the middle of the day and i could see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It was all pitch black. I was blind. It was like that for about a whole minute and i could do nothing. I was just there lying against a wall i can't even see!

I just sat there thinking that this was it. My whole life ended just like that. My whole 18 years of life and that was it. I haven't even went to places i wanted to see, things i wanted to do and people i want to love. I was a little scared and didn't think much yet. Then my domestic helper handed me a cup of water and told me to calm down, probably say some prayers. I took a sip and tilted my head to the side.

Little by little, my vision started to come back. Initially, everything was blur. I closed and opened my eyelids a few more times until i gained my full vision back. It felt great. It really did. And i was just happy that i could see again. I did not think of anything else. Just the fact that i could see this world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment