12 March 2013

Searching for a New Dream

For those of you who don't know, i'm studying Events Management and recently, i've realised that the course of study is not for me. I've seen this industry and the things i would have to endure if i were to continue and to cut the long story short, i think i'm sure one hundred and one percent that this path ain't for me. I love events, and the thrill of the on the day action but the things you have to do that leads up to it and the stress that goes along with it? It's just not my kind of thing. I don't want to plan conferences, i don't want to plan seminars or even a sports event. Because like i said, it's just not my kind of thing. I only know that I want to plan weddings, i want to plan the day that the beautiful couple who on that faithful day, would soon vow to love each other for the rest of their lives, would remember. I want to create an event that warms people's hearts. But i also realised that i want to capture that moment.

Yes, i've been thinking about it. Sometimes, i wish that i was a professional photographer or at least a skilled one who has the capability to capture memories people want to keep for when they're old and gray or take abstract shots that leave people thinking or even pictures that make people's jaws drop and immediately say 'wow~' and smile.

I also want to travel the world. I want a job that allows me to do that, like an air stewardess or a travel agent. 

The last one feels more like a hobby though. It's just that decision. Do i want to continue to be an events planner but take the Wedding Planner route or do i want to be a Photographer and turn memories into a photo album or do i want to do something else... maybe a passion that i follow unconsciously, that i have yet to realise. I still have time to think and make my move but if there's one thing i know (an advice i've gotten).. It's that time is not fully on my side. 


6 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you just need to go with the flow dear child and let nature take its course :) Many people i've read in the news or friends i know, one day realised what they wanted and left their day jobs to pursue their passion, be it be a yoga teacher or dance instructor at the age of 30+ or 40. No age is too late, it's only a matter of determination and how strong your passion would be :) Don't worry, one day, you might just stumble into something you love or may grow to love. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i'll take your advice to heart :)

      Delete
  2. Don't worry, whatever is supposed to happen will happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same as you, thinking of a different direction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete