4 March 2013

Responsibility

Responsibility, by its strictest definition, means 'a moral obligation to behave correctly toward or in respect of.' However, the word and i have never seen quite eye to eye. At the slightest pressure, i ease myself out of the situation and make a metaphorical run for it, often making excuses vouched by allies or fabricating evidence. No matter how much i try to avoid it, some how or another, fate seems to want to keep giving me a second chance. But this won't keep up forever, sooner or later, my luck will run out.

Recently, i've been given a few opportunities, a school project to up my portfolio, being awarded a main-committee position in my Co Curricular Activity (CCA) as well as a one day job opportunity (interview), two of which i did not care for in the first place. So many things have just happened in the last few days and i told myself, now that you're transitioning into an adult, you have to learn to be independent and strong and learn how to be responsible. Truth is, this word scares the crap out of me, it means burden upon burden on my shoulders as well as an imminent untold and unforeseeable doom irregardless of the fact that it may be true or not. That word, literally, makes me feel uneasy. So i have tried, to take it all in with positivity, with a wide smile. Alas, it is not without obstacles of its own.

No matter what, from now on, i promise myself, that i will try as i can, to be more responsible and i will try as hard as possible, to be an adult worthy of trust. 

brightshinythings: (via psychosomaticaddict)

No comments:

Post a Comment