29 February 2012

Passion for Working

As you grow up, the first 20 or so years of your life is all about wondering what you want to do when you grow up. Where your passion lies in, what makes your heart pound, what you should do with your life. It's difficult. You watch TV and see these amazing jobs that people do and you wonder to yourself that maybe that's the job for you. Then within days or weeks, the excitement wears off and you realise NAH THAT'S NOT ME! and you go off in search of another dream. For others, they knew straight away what they want to do and already started carving their future. And for others even, they found what they believe is their dream but not too sure and maybe put that feeling off for a while or maybe ask or consult others about it.

It's difficult to feel like you do not know what you really want to do in life. You look at others, even your friends and see that they already have a dream in mind and are already working their way toward it while you're still stuck at the bottom. Or that you're already working on your dream but there are so many god damned competitors blocking your route to success.

For me, i want to be an events coordinator or manager. The first time i had such a similar role was in sec school. Chinese New Year is always filled with so much joy and festivities. My friends and i were in the Chinese Language Club or something and we'd be helping the event every year. I joined later so was able to help out for 2 or 3 years. We would help coordinate the event schedule, arrange the timing for performancers, call the performers, help out with the equipments etc. It was so much fun and i loved the thrill of it.

Then my dream was more confirmed when i saw Monica Geller on F.R.I.E.N.D.S planning and coordinating Phoebe Buffay's wedding and i thought to myself, THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO.

That's why i went into Events Management. I don't want a job inside some office, I don't want to sit or stand around the whole day. I want to be out making things happen, that's my dream.

But it's difficult with so many obstacles but then again, what's life without them? 加油!!!! (You can do it)

No comments:

Post a Comment