6 January 2012

SP Open House on Wednesday

Heads up to readers, this post has lots of singlish so if you're the type who's very into grammar and stuff, you know what to do :)

On Wednesday, as i was getting ready for my duty as the Bus Guide, i found out that my Secondary School was coming, Teck Whye Secondary. So... I tried to pace myself in a way that when i get my turn to take a bus on a tour, it would be my Secondary School.

Sooo, when my Secondary School did come, i was a very excited and also found out to my dismay that there were only going to be 4 buses. I looked at the first bus and freaked out saying that maybe i should take the 2nd one. The 2nd bus came and i said, oh my! the students in this bus looks serious so i decided on taking the 3rd bus. However, i skipped the 3rd one cause my sec 2 math teacher was inside (i don't like him the way he taught math, it was confusing and made me felt like killing myself). The 4th and final one came and my friend, Lina, said that either i go in now or there's really NO MORE buses from my school. But before i could get in, two other guides wanted to take that bus to guide but i insisted strongly that i really wanted to take it. and i got the bus!

It was Mr Lee Meng Teck, a math teacher too but did not taught me. Anyways, it was a nice crew of students but still quite a tough crowd, i'm not that great at public speaking much but over the last few days, i got better :) Anyways, while i was on the bus, Mr Lee told me that Mdm Pua was actually on the bus behind theirs and i was like WHAT!?! I nearly got in that bus damn it if i did not insist to take the bus the other 2 guides wanted to guide... I shouted a tad sadly, 'Man!!! I should have gone up the bus behind me!'

The students inside were like 'waahhh... Don't want us lah!!!!' and i said on the microphone i was holding 'NOO LAH!!!! My form teacher ma! I want to see her!!!' then they kind of understood :)

After the tour, i went back to the area where all the bus guides have to be and i vented out, shouted and explained that my form teacher was on the bus behind the bus that i was guiding...  They half listened to my rant of course~

When our duties ended, i rushed my friends to the main area where my form teacher would be and called my form teacher to ask where she was so i could visit her. She said concentrate on my duties first :))

I rushed to the main area but still couldn't find her. It was soo frustrating and i was really sad that i couldn't find her. She's my favourite teacher ever in the whole wide world by the way.

My friend, Lina, and i went to patrol around the campus instead if the students might be lost or anything. Throughout the whole thing, i was wondering whether Mdm Pua have gone back to TWSS and the fact that i lost the chance to see her and talk to her about how much things have changed. It has been so many months since i saw her :(

It was nearing 5pm, where all secondary school students will be assembling at Foodcourt 5 to get back to their on respective schools. I was all the way at an opposite building getting my bag to go back home. 3 or 4 times, i would look through the windows or railings in the buliding i was at to look at the students assembling there unconciously.

I wanted to go back there but my friend didn't want to accompany me, the lazy girl... Suddenly, she said something about can tompang (ride along) the sec school bus home (she lives near me) then she'll accompany me to the assembling area. (the girl's got a motive one...) I tried calling several times but still couldn't reach her. My other friend, Claire, asked me to accompany her to get something from the room where we keep our bags cause she left something there. I said ok half dejectedly(cause Mdm Pua's still not answering the phone). Just as we reached the floor to get Claire's stuff, Mdm Pua answered the phone. I was so damned ecstatic! Seriously!

I asked whether i could tompang a ride home and she said yes and come quickly, i was already jumping like crazy with my voice at a higher decibel. I was shouting at my friend, Lina, if she's coming (cause she lives nearby) but she paiseh (shy). In the end, i waved goodbye to my friends, and ran to the Foodcourt 5 area to find my Fav Teacher who is going to board her sch bus soon.

I took a chance and went to the starbucks in foodcourt 5 to buy a cupcake for Mdm Pua.
However, they ran out of their packaging to put the cupcake in and had to ope that damned cupboard to get it. It was about 3 minutes but it felt like 7minutes and time was freaking running out. I got my cupcake and got to Mdm Pua who was at the door waving at me to hurry. I WAS JUST IN TIME :D

"HI MDM PUA!!!!!! HERE'S A CUPCAKE FOR YOU!!" i handed it to her and hugged her as well, miss her so much. She's the most caring teacher in the whole wide world :')
she was like, what!? It's very expensive right?! Keep it for yourself!

Me: NO! I bought it for you, eat it!

She accepted it in the end and we talked for a while like how's things, my friends, the recent 'O' levels, my 3.8 GPA etc. as we were waiting for the bus to come. It was taking forever like 10min plus as the buses were taking quite a while to come. I saw my sec 2 math teacher who asked me where the bus was and stuff. Then a student from the group that i guided on the bus just now came up to me and said "Mdm Pua is over there, faster go see her!" haha, that boy's so nice :)

Then the bus came and i asked Mdm Pua again if she was sure there's space cuz if not i can go back myself but she said "sure have! :)"

I went up on the bus with her and her current class, and she announced while on the bus the story about the fact that i was from a Normal Tech class, went to Normal Acad and got to Poly and have a nearly 4GPA. Also that i was the President of the class in Secondary School. Iwas very Paiseh sia!! The boy behind me said loudly, "Mdm Pua! She shy already la!!" The class also gave me claps for my 'achievements' plus i shouted "GO TECK WHYE!!!!" and they also clapped and hooted :) Come to think of it, i feel quite embarrased for doing that :)

On the way back to TWSS on the bus, Mdm Pua joked around and nagged at the kids. I watched and laughed at the antics of the students. Felt a little melancholy as well... I miss the times with my class and my teachers...

If i could turn back time, i will. And i will want to stay forever at the Secondary School 'period' or 'era'.

Anyways, as we reached school, she asked if i wanted to see Mdm Tong, my math teacher. I said YEAH OK!

We went inside the staff room and she said to teachers that i have a 3.8 GPA and they were wow... haha... This is what i miss about sec school, you get recognition for the work you do, for your hard work. And i thrive when i'm given attention, that's the way i work. I like the feeling that teachers are proud of me :)

Anyways, Mdm Tong went home already so i didn't get to see her. When it was nearing 6+pm where school is about to close, I saw Miss Lim, my other fav chemistry teacher, on the way out of the staff room and she was like "EH!! I actually saw someone going down the staircase with you but i thought she was your daughter! :)" I only managed to chat for a few seconds before i had to go. On the way out, Mdm Pua actually wanted to give me a ride on another teacher's car who is driving her home (cause she and the other teacher's going the same way), i said it's alright and bid her farewell "See you again soon!"

Then, just as i was about to leave, she shouted back that she left the cupcake on the table somewhere that i should go back to her desk and take it home to enjoy but i insisted that she eat it. So i went back to the staff room when a teacher exited the door (the door needs a card to open and i don't have it). I went down the spiral staircase, passed Miss Lim and got to Mdm Pua's desk intending to put it in the staff's lounge's fridge when Mdm Pua called and told me where the cupcake was and probably put it in the fridge in the staff's lounge. (great minds think alike :D) I wrote on the paper bag with a marker:


To Mdm Pua

Love
Cai Yun                Enjoy~

P.s don't work too hard :) 



(if i remember cleary, that's what i wrote)

I passed by my math teacher again to get to the lounge, "Hi Mr Liew".

"uhhh... Hi!" (i bet he can't even remember my name but i know he recognises me :) i was a lousy math student anyway haha)

I left the paper bag inside a fridge (there were 2), and left the lounge, passed Mr Liew's booth, passed Miss Lim and whispered Goodbye as she was talking to another collegue, went up the spiral staircase and started my way back home.

Texted Mdm Pua while at the bus stop:

Me: Cupcake's in the white coloured fridge! :) don't forget to eat that tmr~

Mdm Pua: Okok will savour every bite i take. Looks delicious. Will keep it for breakfast. Thks for your thoughtfulness *wink smiley face*

Me: Haha welcome :)


Somehow though, i don't think she remembered to eat it yesterday... She's my favourite teacher and all but i know for a fact that she's forgetful...

No comments:

Post a Comment