14 January 2011

Freedom


When the 'o' levels ended about 1-2months ago, all i wanted was to have fun, freedom as i would call it after the stressful examination. so here is the list of things i wanted to do:
1) stay in the library all day and read about things i don't know
2) watch 2 movies in one day
3) learn mandarin/ improve my mandarin
4) go swimming at the new sports complex that just opened in my neighbourhood

Unfortunately, the only thing after the approx 2 months, the only thing i managed to do was the first one: stay in the library all day. actually, not even that. well! it's not my fault the library is soo cold. i couldn't even take 2 hours in that damned place! the last time i tried to study there, i wore 2 jackets and socks and i still felt cold. i left that hellhole about an hour later... it's either the place is negative something degrees celcius or there's something wrong with me WHICH thank you very much cannot be :) so somebody should march up to that woman at the counter in the library and raise that issue to her.

Now, for my next point. i will do the movies thing as soon as nice movies comes out. cuz seriously, if a good movie comes out and that's the only good one, what other movie choice do i have? i am totally not gonna choose a horror film cuz if so, i'll b out of there 5 minutes after the movie starts. now that just leaves me with boring neutral movies like 'duplicity'... which by the way, made me fall asleep even b4 i reached the second disc when i rented the movie the other day. yes, fell ASLEEP. it's duplicity alright, i felt so deceived by the trailer of that darn movie. my money? totally wasted...

On the topic of mandarin, once i have a dictionary, then i'll start... really it's like when i wanted to read a simple sentence like 'i left my wallet at the department store' in mandarin, all i managed was ' i blank my wallet blank blank blank'... so till i buy a dictionary, mandarin will have to wait.

Now, the last point. oh come on... swimming is exercise and exercise means time consuming which means commitment which also contradicts my whole intention of having freedom. Since i have a high metabolism rate as my sis calls it, exercise (sorry swimming pool) will have to wait also.

There! those are my reasonable explanations for not fulfilling my list of things to do (yeah right, who the hell am i kidding). At least mine is realistic unlike my sister. i saw her list and 'bake a cheesecake' is totally the opposite of realistic (we don't have a workable oven, just a microwave) it's been 2 years since she wrote that but i don't see that cake anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment