30 January 2011

Dead Bat

i remembered that last year in the school hall, my friends and i saw a dead bat on the floor during the morning assembly. When the morning bell rang 23/08/2010 at around 7:15am, my friends and i went into the school hall to assemble along with all the other schoolmates. we took our usual seats on the floor- me at the front i think- when we saw the bat. We thought it was sleeping until we noticed it doesn't seem to be moving or breathing. my friends tried to scare me by pushing me toward it until i glared at them but they still giggled. Suddenly, school prefects started streaming into the hall to the piano area situated in front of us at the side of the hall. (that is where they usually gather) the girls didn't notice the dead bat and had their shoes so close to the bat. i kept cringing whenever they swept the bat side to side unconciously while doing their duties. I couldn't take it anymore and cried out that there's a bat. The 2 girls who kept stepping on the bat's wings finally noticed. they shrieked of course. I was relieved when the dead bat wasn't being stepped on anymore. In the end, the vice-principal who was luckily passing by saw what the commotion was about and got a newspaper to pick up the bat to the (sadly) rubbish bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment