6 August 2013

To Travel or Die Trying

I love to travel. Like many a people, our dreams are to travel the world, see things we never would in our homeland, sharpen our taste buds, make new friends and ultimately enjoying the wonders of nature and life outside our own. That has always been my dream as a kid when people asked me what i want in life and among my top three, one of them was to travel the world. The other two being finding a wonderful faithful gorgeous husband and having a career i love.

Which is why my interests have always wavered in between jobs that might get me into the 'travel the world' kind of business. What i'm studying now is Events Management and this job alone requires some transportation to and fro sometimes to another country. Even my internship interview asked me if i was okay travelling to another country when it would be required of me. I love that part of this job. I may not stay long in this industry though because i'm not really into events. What i love, is when i have to travel for my job. For example, air stewardess, events manager or something in a cruise ship etc. Anything that can bring me into a whole new world.

I don't know why but there is something in me that want to go somewhere. I need to go overseas at least once a year or i would feel like my life's slipping away. It's not a want, more like a need. Or i'd feel uneasy.

The things i most look forward to in all my trips are connections, people i would potentially make friends with. Without a doubt, you have to be careful, safety is a priority but not to the extent where we avoid trying to make connections with people. We were taught at a young age to not talk to strangers but lets face it, such a thing doesn't apply to our adult lives. It simply does not make any sense. Everyone is a stranger unless you give them a chance. You never know, that person may just end up being your friend. And if it doesn't feel right, you can simply just walk away.

Ultimately, all i want is to experience the world at its finest. Oh come on, we should enjoy all we can in this short life we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment