7 August 2013

Anything but the Road

If someone were to ask me what i would do if i could live forever, my answer would be to continuously learn new things. I would continually take new courses and even degrees, from business, to psychology to arts and the sciences. I would do that if i could live forever. I've a thirst for knowledge and all i need is time. And the money of course.

Last night, i even planned what i wanted to take during my Internship period, even made a list of the things to learn/do before i'm too old to do them:
  1. Perfect my Malay language because all my life, i've been speaking the basics
  2. Perfect my Chinese some day because i'm always embarrassed speaking them in front of my father's friends and my friends/acquaintances
  3. Learn to speak conversational French (to sound sophisticated)
  4. Learn to speak conversational Korean so i could watch Korean dramas more easily (like understanding their inside jokes which simply couldn't be translated easily into English)
  5. Learn Sign Language
  6. Take a Lifeguard course so i could save someone's life if that ever happens. A second chance at life is a wonderful thing.
  7. Take an Oil painting course, all beginner, intermediate and advanced level
  8. Take up Aikido so i can learn to protect myself 
  9. Take up either Taekwondo or Mixed Martial Arts so i can learn to counterattack my attacker
And that's all i currently have in my to do list. Mind you, i will do them. I'm actually going to sign up after my upcoming examinations (which i should be studying for right now) for beginner's swimming lesson at the Happy Fish Swimming School to work toward point number 6-getting a lifeguard certificate

They're going to be expensive but it's all going to be worth it. Money isn't everything, i'll just take baby steps but i know for sure that i'll get there one day.

Unfortunately, no matter how much i thirst for knowledge, there's one two things i would never do: Number 1, learn how to drive and Number 2, learn anything that is remotely related to mathematics i.e. engineering. ugghh, hate that word. I'm scared of driving even though i like looking at the Volkswagen Beetle, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder or a Porsche. I look at the zooming cars on the streets during peak hours and all i could think of is "Oh my god, how do they do this?"

Really, i'm terrified of driving. Even the thought of it makes me queasy. And don't even talk about Mathematics. During my secondary school days, my best friend had been nothing but patient with my lousy math skills. All she ever says is that she was always frustrated when she had to coach me through the questions. I HATE MATH AND ALWAYS WILL. But surprisingly, i love accounting. Still, i hate maths, especially you logarithm. and integration. and depreciation. and solving integers. and.... Oh gosh, there's just too many of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment