29 June 2013

Streets of Cambodia


The way the roads work in Cambodia are no different from Vietnam, (its neighbouring country) crazy with no order. The good thing is that i have been well 'trained' from my experiences in Vietnam. Yes, the disciple has become the master. I still remember back in Vietnam last year, every time i crossed the road, i'd hang on so tightly to my friend's arms and scream whenever a car brushed past me as if it was about to ram me to the ground. Throughout the 3 weeks there, never have i crossed the road without a chaperon.

The only time i crossed a road myself was in the 3rd week when my friend wanted me to learn on my own and just left me to my own devices. To cut the long story short, i nearly had an accident.

Well, at least now, i can lead my fellow mates to cross a 'Cambodian' road without breaking a sweat :)


Siem Reap is poorer compared to Phnom Penh so there aren't as much traffic in Siem Reap than in the capital. Also, the people in Siem Reap are generally more friendlier than the people of Phnom Penh.


Everyone mostly wear long sleeved clothes even though it's sweltering hot there because they need to protect their skin. Even if it's stuffy inside, the layer of clothing actually protects your skin from the rays of the direct sunlight which can be more damaging to a person not wearing long sleeves.


Kid riding a bike to school

No comments:

Post a Comment