5 June 2013

Lemons of Life

There are moments when life hits you hard in the face and when it does, all you're reduced to is a pile of tears. I'm not going to give the pep talk on how sad life would be because of the lemons and everything since i'm not really that experienced to and you won't really care.

But let me just tell you one thing, i hate depression. If there is a tangible form of this mental disease, i would hunt it down and kick its ass right down the middle and make sure it cries for ten days straight and that it never resurfaces on this earth ever again.

I've known many people in my life who had went through that hell and even i myself, have been through it. I won't divulge the details since you could probably find out more on the internet but lets just say it was an awful period for me. I had mild depression when i was 18, taking my national examinations and soon again in 19 when i was a freshman in my new school. Both due to my desire to achieve wonderful grades. Yes, as the stereotype would go, i am an Asian.

But i'm over it now and can pretty much handle everything, well, almost everything, i'm not that easily stressed out over grades anymore. I know a girl in my school though who is a splitting 'image' of what i used to be. The studying non-stop from just the second week of school and the workaholic plus the personality of being stressed out too easily. I wonder how she went through the last 3 years.. Must have been awful trying to maintain that 3.9 of yours. Did you learn anything in the past 3 years? About learning how to accept that life needs to be enjoyed? To enjoy the sour and sweet moments of life?

If not, then you have just wasted your 3 years pursuing something you're not. So i don't think you should be bragging about that GPA right now sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment