2 April 2013

Non Chocolatey Cake

I took a trip down to Bugis Junction and Street today with my friends because of 2 objectives actually and it's to buy some long sleeved clothes for new school year, i'm thrilled to say that i did buy what i wanted, just 2 pieces of clothes (cuz remember that i'm saving money for a trip to Australia?) which i simply adore one of them and another, i'm pretty sure i'm sending it for altering to suit my taste.

MOVING ON! 


I went to NYDC with my friends for dessert and something caught my eye,  a cake called High and Mighty. And I thought, "Gotta be good but $8.50? Isn't that a tad expensive?"

My bestie looked at me and probably could tell by my scrunched up face what i was thinking and said, "It's sure expensive what, sure use quality ingredients one," nodding her head in a know-it-all manner. In the end, i did order the cake. Notice that i did not say "yay! I ordered the cake," but "I. ordered. the. cake."


This giant slice of cake packs no punch at all, the sponge of the cake was ridiculously dry, not 'fluffy' like they described in the menu AT ALL. My friends took a bite as well and we (3 people slash critics slash ripped off customers) can safely agree that the only good thing about this chocolate cake was the sticky chocolate fudge frosting... It was really a lip smacking treat :) I simply adore their presentation and how the frosting looks like it could melt in your mouth. The whole time i was eating the cake, i only scooped up the frosting and just a little of the sponge cake only to neutralise the bittersweet taste.

For you chocolate lovers out there (like moi), i recommend that you not try this because it's simply not worth your money, maybe you could walk up to the counter and try to order that frosting, now THAT is worth it.


Behind the Scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment