8 March 2012

Taking off soon

I'm taking off soon on the coming Sunday early morning. I'm half scared half excited. I'll be visiting many places on the first week and frankly, i'm not too sure i'll enjoy the environment there. Lets face it, i'll definitely miss Singapore's safe streets compared to Vietnam.

Vietnam

Plus, Singapore's more hygienic and i'm a clean freak. i already bought my sanitiser for the trip, a whole big bottle. I cannot do laundry so this will definitely be a difficult time for me. I hope i can take this. I will definitely miss my family after a few days too along with the food. Already bought ready to eat sardines in case i miss the food here, even though it isn't really local food, it will actually help tide me over on a few alternate days to remind myself of Singapore.

I also had to buy gifts for a homestay i'll be taking. I went shopping for things for like 2 hours and came home with NOTHING. I have no freaking idea what to buy so i've decided to go Chinatown to buy the keychains or something soon. Probabably chocolates if i have more money. I actually wanted to buy chocolates just now but started worrying whether they have such chocolates there as well and started putting them back on their shelves. Sigh... It's so damned hard to buy presents.

There should be some kind of universal present that people of all culture accept and won'd doubt our sincerity. If there are, do tell cause i'm so frustrated at this. >_<

What i'm really looking forward though is to experience a whole new culture and language. It'll be very interesting to understand the different etiquette and mannerisms/slangs there. I'll definitely miss a lot of Singapore but since i'll be there for only 3 weeks, i'll have to make the most out of it rather than whine and pout (not doing the 2nd one at all). Have Fun Me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment